Last updated: March 27, 2014
- 3 year’s enrollment at KUT
- 10 or more credits earned
- Successful completion of the doctoral thesis defense after receiving a preliminary assessment held more than one year in advance
- Publication of two or more high level reviewed papers
- English technical writing and research writing class: Given to first and second year doctoral students by a native English professor.
- Japanese language class for daily conversation and grammar:
1. Elementary 1: four times a week
2. Elementary 2: Three times a week
3. Intermediate: once a week
4. Kanji characters: once a week
- Tutor support system: Tutors assist new international students with academic and daily life matters.
- Single accommodation in International House is available for international students.
Normally, SSP students are required to acquire 4 credits for advanced seminars and 6 for lectures. The following courses are available now but are subject to change.
- Advanced seminar 1 & 2 (2 credits each)
- Technical writing Ⅱ, research writing, and management academic writing (English writing courses, 2 credits each)
- Interdisciplinary engineering (4 courses to acquire cutting-edge knowledge of various engineering fields, 2 credits each)